Saturday, December 24, 2011

Have a Wienderful Christmastime Birthday!!!

Hello my darlings!

I hope you are all well, and looking forward to a wonderful Christmas!

I have a close friend who's son's birthday is December 20th.
Yes, he was *almost* a Christmas baby!
But, this kiddo often is overlooked with his birthday being so close to Christmas.
We were talking about it last week, and I made this birthday card for him.

This card uses my FAVORITE Viva Las Vegas Stamp, Dog Ears Flying.
He reminds me so very much of my sweet Sammy!!

This is a super simple card but is so sweet!

Supplies:
Card base
Patterned papers- these are from Jillibean Soup and some other random pieces
Black Ink pad- I used Ranger's Archival
Kalidacolor ink pad
Scrap of glitter paper (this scrap is from Doodlebug)
Liquid Applique
Heat tool
Scissors
Embossing folder 
Spellbinder's dies
Embossing folder
Markers or whatever you like to color with
Bakers twine and/or ribbon

First, I'd like to share a tip!
You know all those scraps of pretty patterned paper we keep?
Here's an easy, fun way to use them!
 Cover some card stock with adhesive. I use Miracle Tape.
Cut your scraps into strips...Someone else said to cut them all the same width, I don't do that.
I just trim 'em so they are straight.
Once the card stock is covered, trim it up.
Die cut into shapes. 
I LOVE making mats for cards this way!!

Now, onto the card!
Cover your card base with paper (this is Jillibean Soup).
Die cut your scrap-covered card stock.
Die cut a piece of card stock to layer onto the first die cut. Emboss!
Die cut another piece of card stock. Stamp wiener on it with black ink. 
Stamp back ground stamp all over and layer onto die cut layers.
Center this all onto the card front.
Stamp wiener with black ink on a scrap of card stock. Color and cut out.
Adhere colored wiener over wiener on die cut. The reason I do this is to get
 the shading and stuff under the dog...I think it looks better this way!
Cut a scrap of glitter paper into a triangle to make a party hat. Place on wiener's head.
Put some liquid appliqué at the tip of the hat. Heat to dry and puff up.
Cut a couple of squares or rectangles from scrap paper.
Add ribbon or bakers twine to make presents, and place them beside the wiener.

I made a few more of these to have on hand.
This card used ALL scraps except for the card base!
Even the card stock that I adhered the scraps to, was scrap card stock!
YEAH!!


 And I thought I'd leave you with a couple of Christmas sights from my house.
Merry Christmas, everyone!!
 One of my favorite ornaments, a Cow that sings "We Wish You a Merry Christmas"

A resin ring I made for a friend, and I used one of my itty bitty tags for her!

Here's your wiener!!!
All stamps on this ATC are from Viva Las Vegas

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: