Sunday, March 11, 2012

Cats Dancing in the Moonlight




For this weeks post, I wanted to use this stamp of four Victorian looking cats dancing in a circle. As soon as I saw it in the Viva Las Vegastamps! online store, I thought of this idea right away. The stamp is called Cat Dance and can be found by clicking here. For the moon, I used a circle that I punched from pearlescent cardstock. For the Moon’s face, I used the Handsome Man stamp by masking the side of his face with tape before inking and then peeling off the tape before stamping.

For the sentiment, I made up my own and printed it directly onto my cardstock. I used a piece of pattern paper from The Robin’s Nest to make it look like they were in the woods at night. I assembled as you see in the picture, and I put the cats on pop dots to make them stand out as the highlight of the card.


Please stop by the Viva Las Vegastamps! blog often to see what rest of the team is up to. There will be an all new team in April, so be sure to visit often! Also, feel free to stop by my blog by to see my other Viva Las Vegastamps! projects by clicking here.

6 comments:

Joe Rotella said...

Love, love, LOVE this card!!! It's the perfect combination of stamps and paper and a GREAT sentiment!

Proxxon Tools said...

love it Joe... will miss you

Allie Gower said...

Cute, Joe!
If I were a cat though, I'd never want to be a human!

Joe M said...

I know what you mean Allie! Cat's don't have to go to work! :-)

Jamie said...

This card is SO Joe! I love it. Cute kitties and a very funny and original sentiment!

David H. said...

Great card. Just the sight of the adorable kitties holding hands makes me smile! Awesome imagination!