Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Dreaming Big in the New Year


 Happy Wednesday!! Leslie-Rahye here with my first post in the new year. I hope everyone is having a fantastic New Year. I have adopted the word B L O O M as my focus word for the new year and so far it is manifesting itself in ways I never dreamed possible. In just a short week and a half so many fantastic opportunities have presented themselves making me want to DREAM BIG! I celebrated my happiness with this 4×4" art tile using stamps from the latest stamp release! I hope you enjoy my tile...see below for how I created this fun cracked background.


For this project you will need :
card stock
Chip Board Blank
Watercolor Crayons Distress Markers/Ink
Maya Mist Pearl
Glitter


I began the layers of this background with watercolor crayons which I loosely colored and then misted and blended to get a base color. Next I stamped with Black archival the written stamp and the banner stamp. I misted with Maya Mist in Pearl and quickly dusted the wet surface with High Gloss Emboss Powder. I melted the dry powder and built up layers of molten emboss powder on the surface until I achieved a thickness. I let it cool completely and then bent the surface to make  cracks. I rubbed Ranger Archival into the cracks to accentuate them! This fun technique gives a broken glass look to the embossed surface. I hope you enjoyed my technique and my tile! Happy New Year!
~leslierahye

6 comments:

Stamped Impressions said...

Beautiful! Love your card!

Sandra Strait said...

Fantastic techniques!

Fab said...

That's really lovely Leslie-rahye, love the unicorn ! X fab

Susan M. Brown {sbartist} said...

Great cracked glass technique - I'll have to try that. This is a beautiful tile! :)

LeslieRahye said...

Thanks everyone! Love the ♥

Anonymous said...

I love this card - and the stamps used to make it! I think unicorn and banner may have to be added to my wish list. :)